Mathematics Education Laboratory Attendant
Job Description and Duties
1. Open the Math Ed Lab promptly at the assigned times. Oversee
of the lab and materials. (If you will be late or ill, call the
at 815/753-0566 and someone will post a note on the lab door to inform
2. Learn how to correctly use and clean the Accu-Cut and Ellison
Die-Cut machines. Demonstrate the correct use of the machine to
Make sure students use the machines correctly and clean up after their use.
3. Assist students in finding the materials, books and resources of the
Math Ed Lab.
Students may borrow books to photocopy if they leave their student ID with
return the material within a few minutes. Materials are not allowed to be
out overnight as this may conflict with other instructors' use of
materials. (Only faculty
may check out material out of the lab by signing out the material on the
in the back of DU 306.)
4. Keep the Math Ed Lab clean and neat. If the floor needs to
be cleaned, leave a note taped to the trash can for the night custodians.
5. Make sure all materials are back in their correct place when leaving
Lock the calculator cabinet. Make certain all computers and printers are
off. When the lab hours are over, lock both doors to the lab and turn off
the lights. Do not leave students in the lab unattended --
ask them to leave and wait outside for their instructor.
6. Assist Math Ed faculty members as requested.
7. Keep inventories of materials of the Math Ed Lab. Mark
with Math Ed Lab identification.
8. Perform various assigned duties by the Math Ed Lab coordinator as
in contact with the Math Ed Lab coordinator about needed materials,
problems, and suggestions.
9. Please remember that you are not to do work for students, but to assist
10. At the end of the year (semester) turn in all keys to the mathematics
mcs January 10, 2017